Historical University: Shanghai University was founded in 1922.
School Status: A member university of the project 211，Co-sponsored by the Ministry of education and Shanghai Municipality.
Ranking: 16th among university in mainland China from QS World University Ranking 2019.
Students Source: More than 40,000 full-time students, including 4530 international students from 150 different countries, enjoying their study life in Shanghai University.
Modern Campus: Excellent dormitory, complete with sports facilities, and the transportation is convenient (including direct subway access).
I. Funding target
According to the Ministry of education of China, the Chinese mainland, HongKong, Macao and Taiwan residents who have been emigrated to foreign countries as applicants for foreign applicants must hold valid foreign passports or nationality certificates for 4 years or more, and have lived abroad for more than 2 years in the past 4 years (up to April 30, 2021). They can live 1 months in 1 years in real life abroad for 9 months. (subject to the entry and exit signatures).
2.Physical and mental health, good character and learning;
3.Interested in engaging in Chinese education, teaching and related work;
4. The age is 16-35 years old (unified on September 1, 2021). Applicants currently working as Chinese language teachers shall not be over 45, while undergraduate student applicants shall not be over 25.
II. Funding content and qualifications
The contents of the scholarship include：tuition, accommodation, living expenses (except four week study students) and comprehensive medical insurance.
1. Shanghai University is responsible for the tuition fees of the scholarship students of Confucius Institute. The tuition fee does not include the cost of teaching materials and the tickets of tourist attractions in Chinese practice.
2． Shanghai University is responsible for the accommodation expenses of the scholarship students of Confucius Institute. It provides students with free dormitories, usually double rooms.
3．The living expenses of Confucius Institute Scholarship students are paid by Shanghai University on a monthly basis. The standard for undergraduates, one academic year and one semester students is 2500 yuan RMB/ one month; for master students majoring in Chinese international education, it is 3000 yuan RMB/ one month.
The scholarship students shall register according to the time specified in the acceptance notice of the receiving institution, otherwise they will be disqualified from the scholarship. Those who register before the 15th day of the current month (including the 15th day) will pay full living expenses in the current month; those who register after the 15th day will pay half monthly living expenses in the current month.
Scholarship students who leave China for more than 15 days due to personal reasons during the semester (excluding winter and summer vacation) will not be paid the living expenses during the period of leaving China.
For scholarship students who suspend or drop out of school for personal reasons or are subject to disciplinary action by the receiving institution, the living expenses from the date of suspension or drop out or receiving the notice of disciplinary action shall be suspended.
The living expenses of graduates will be paid to half a month after the graduation date determined by the school.
4．The comprehensive medical insurance premium of the scholarship students of Confucius Institute shall be purchased by Shanghai University in accordance with the relevant regulations of the Ministry of education of China on studying in China. The standard for four week students is 160 yuan RMB/one person, for one semester students is 400 yuan RMB/one person, and for more than one academic year students is 800 yuan RMB / one year / one person.
III. Scholarship categories and application conditions
1. Scholarship for Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL)
The program commences in September 2021 and provides scholarship for a maximum two academic years.
Applicants shall hold a Bachelor’s degree, and have a minimum score of 210 on the HSK Test (Level 5) as well as 60 on the HSKK test (Intermediate Level). Priority will be given to applicants who may provide a work contract with a teaching institution upon completing their studies in China or a proof to the same effect.
2. Scholarship for Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL)
The program commences in September 2021 and provides scholarship for a maximum of four academic years.
Applicants shall hold a senior high school diploma and a minimum score of 210 on the HSK Test (Level 4) as well as 60 on the HSKK test (Intermediate Level).
3．Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study
The program commences in September 2021, and provides scholarship for a maximum of eleven months. International students currently studying in China are not eligible.
TCSOL Applicants shall have a minimum score of 270 on the HSK test (Level 3), and an HSKK test score is required;
Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History, Chinese Philosophy, etc. Applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 4) and 60 on the HSKK test (Intermediate Level);
Chinese Language Study Applicants shall have a minimum score of 210 on the HSK test (Level 3). Priority will be given to applicants who provide an HSKK test score.
4．Scholarship for One-Semester Study
The program commences either in September 2021 or March 2021, and provides scholarship of a maximum of five months. Applicants holding the X1 or X2 visa are not eligible.
Chinese International Education, Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History, Chinese Philosophy, etc., with a score of 180 in the HSK test (Level 3) and an HSKK score.
5. Scholarship for Four-Week Study
The program commences either in July or December 2021, and provides a four week scholarship. Applicants holding the X1 or X2 visa are not eligible.
Chinese Study, Chinese Language plus Home-Stay Experience in a Chinese Family, Special Four-week Program for Confucius Institutes An HSK test score is required. The program may be organized and applied for by a recommending institution with 10-15 participants per group.
IV. Application materials
1. Proof materials related to all applicants:
（1）A scanned copy of the passport photo page.
（2）A scanned copy of HSK and HSKK score reports (valid for two years).
（3）Recommendation letter from the person in charge of the recommending institution.
2. Proof materials related to degree students:
(1) Provide the highest education certificate (expected graduation certificate) and school transcript.
(2) The master of Chinese international education should provide the recommendation letters of two or more tutors with the title of associate professor or above. It is preferred to provide financial assistance to those who plan to work in the teaching institutions after graduation.
3. The in-service Chinese teachers should attach the in-service certificate and recommendation letter issued by the employment organization.
4. Applicants under the age of 18 must submit a certificate of entrustment signed by their guardian in China.
1. Documents in the application materials that are not in Chinese or English must be attached with notarization or Chinese/English translation of the issuing unit;
2. Only the electronic files (PDF or JPG format) need to be uploaded when applying for materials, and the originals must be provided for reference when the journal is opened;
3. Paper application materials are not accepted.
V. Application process
Online registration will be available from March 1, 2021 on the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship application website (cis.chinese.cn).
1. Log in to the scholarship website and submit the application materials online;
2. Recommend the unit to review the application materials;
3. Shanghai University reviews the application materials and conducts video interviews for the applicants who meet the standards;
4. The Confucius Institute Headquarters entrusts an expert group to conduct centralized evaluation: according to HSK, HSK scores and grades, and taking into account factors such as country, the scholarship evaluation will be completed about 3 months before enrollment, and the evaluation results will be announced.
5. Applicants pay attention to the application process, review opinions and scholarship evaluation results;
6. Shanghai University will issue admission notices to applicants who are pre admitted;
7. Applicants for pre admission can report to Shanghai University within the specified time according to the requirements of the admission notice.
VI. Deadline (subject to Beijing time)
1．For programs commencing in July, student application must complete before April 10th;
2．For programs commencing in September, student application must complete before May 10th;
3．For programs commencing in December, student application must complete before September 10th;
4．For programs commencing in March 2022, student application must complete before November 10th;
VII. About Chinese Bridge Winners
Those who have obtained the 2020 "Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate" in various Chinese Bridge competitions should log in to the International Chinese Teacher Scholarship (Confucius Institute Scholarship) website and submit application materials with the scholarship certificate.
Office of Confucius Institute Affairs，Shanghai University
Address：Shangda Road No.99, Baoshan District, Shanghai, China
1．Applicants must understand the specific enrollment requirements and deadlines of the target host colleges, and submit application materials in accordance with relevant regulations.
2．Degree students are subject to the annual assessment according to the Annual Appraisal Procedures of International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship.
3．Those who fail to register on time, fail to pass the health assessment, drop out midway and/or are suspended from school will be deprived of their scholarship.
X. Presentation Video